Monday, 12 January 2015

Meal Planning Part 1

With me going back to work full time pretty soon after my wonderful year off with little R, I realised I needed to get a bit more organised with...meal planning! 

I know that once we are both working full time we are going to have limited time in the evenings and I want to maximise the family time I have each day just to hang out. 

So with that in mind, I decided to come up with some printable documents to help me manage my process which you can find here for free!!




































I find that I need to order lots of things online and have them sent over in bulk. This works best for me so I needed that 'to Order' list to get myself organised. 

Each week, I go through my food cupboard, pantry, fridge and freezer and make a note of what items I regularly buy that I need. They are normally staple items like pasta, flour, rice, potatoes and seasonings. These will be listed on my Shopping List and to Order list depending on whether they are fresh things I buy over here or things I know I can order in bulk. 





































Then comes the fun part! I already love planning our meals for the week but usually I just do it on scrap pieces of paper or in a pretty notebook. This system should work much better! I sit down, look through my recipe books and chat with Joe about what he would like. Then I think about the food we already have and our commitments for the week and come up with a meal plan. From this, I can add anything extra I need to my shopping list. 

This is a system that works for us, what works for you? Do you plan weekly or just see what you fancy each night?

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment