Friday, 2 January 2015

Delightful DVD Storage

There's nothing I like more than cozying up on the sofa with a cuppa and a good film but where to store the mountains of DVDs that we accumulate?? Up until now they have piled up under the coffee table, on the shelves in our lounge, under the stairs in boxes... where do they all come from?!

So my first project I will share with you is how I have conquered the clutter and reduced the space our DVD collection takes up.First I got out all our DVDs and stacked them up on the dining room table. I sorted them down, decided which ones were keepers and put all the ones to give away/ sell to one side.

The ones to sell/ give away...


So, I bought a couple of handy IKEA Kassett boxes and some plastic sleeves from Amazon. This is what I had to work with...

I just love the pretty grey-green colour of the boxes 
with the cute little silver details!


Next I took my super new purchases and began the laborious task of taking each and every one of those DVDs out of their cases with the artwork sleeve and slotting them in the handy plastic wallets. And I can tell you, I researched and hunted and looked up every idea to store these DVDs and this was the smartest solution I found!

But wait, it was really worth it. I went from piles and piles of plastic DVD cases to this...



So neat! So simple! I decided to store all our single DVDs in one box and kept all the box sets in their original cases in the other one. Now they can slot on the little shelves in the corner of our lounge, no fuss, no mess. Now all I need to do is make some pretty labels!

What solutions did you come up with for your DVDs? Send me a picture, I would love to hear from you

x x x





No comments:

Post a Comment